The Filtrol™ is a patented, re-usable inline filter that is compatible with all residential washing machines. The Filtrol attaches directly to your existing washing machine drain hose and removes non-biodegradable synthetic fibers and other debris before they are released into wastewater sources and the environment. Installation is easy and in most cases takes only 30 minutes or less. This product is made in the U.S.A and has a limited lifetime warranty.
The Filtrol unit comes complete with the following:
- Canister with O-ring
- Wall Bracket
- (1) Filter Bag (in unit)
- Part Bag including:
- (1) 3/4″ barbed x 1″ threaded elbow fitting, (1) 1″ barbed x 1″ threaded elbow fitting and (1) 3/4″ threaded x 1″ barbed straight fitting
- (2) Hose clamps
- Silicone grease
- 5 feet of hose – 1″ I.D.
The main things you will want to take into consideration before ordering the Filtrol™ will be:
– Caution – Always unplug washing machine before moving it or performing any type of service.
– Location – The Filtrol™ Lint Filter is approximately 15” tall, from the top fitting to the bottom, 9″ wide and projects about 8″ from the wall You will not want to install the Filtrol under a low hanging cabinet. This could interfere with the removal of the filter for cleaning. For best results we suggest to have 12- 24 inches above the unit to be able to remove the canister from the wall mounted bracket, and still have proper drainage. If possible, the top of the Filtrol should not exceed 70 inches. For best draining results, the Filtrol unit should be installed above drain location to prevent water from becoming “airlocked” within the discharge hose. Discharge hose can be routed to a standpipe, laundry tub or wall box.
– Discharge Hose– Measure the inside diameter of your washing machines discharge hose to confirm which provided fitting you will use. If existing discharge hose is brittle or split it should be replaced, you can buy additional hose with an I.D. 1″ on our store here , you will need to confirm this will fit the outlet of your washing machine, not all machines are the same size. The Filtrol will include both a 1″ threaded x 1″ barbed elbow and a 1″ threaded x 3/4″ barbed elbow to meet the most common drain hose sizes. A Filtrol Connector Adapter Kit – 1″ Threaded x 1 1/4″ Barbed is also available should you need that size. On most machines the new hose will easily attach to the fitting that protrudes from the back. Be aware that some machines will discharge 2-3 cups of water when hose is removed.
– Attachment– When attaching bracket to the wall, screws should be driven into a stud . The Filtrol will become extremely heavy when it is full of water. If drilling into plaster or drywall and you can not locate a stud, expander bolts, or toggle bolts, should be used. Hint: First attach the bracket to a 3/4 inch thick piece of plywood, then attach the plywood to the wall.
– Cleaning– Frequency of cleaning the filter will depend on the types and amounts of materials being laundered. In most cases the filter will need to be cleaned every 8-10+ wash loads. Clean filter often for best results. Replacement filters must be hand washed, DO NOT put into washing machine to clean. PLEASE NOTE: Use of fabric softeners or excessive amounts of laundry detergent can cause a slimy residue, restricting the filtering process and resulting in more frequent and thorough cleanings.
-Detergents/Additives- For best results we suggest using minimal use of liquid laundry detergent, eco-friendly/natural if possible. Liquid detergents are less abrasive than powders. We do not suggest using any other additives or other cleaning agents if possible when using the Filtrol.
– Returns, Policies & Warranties- For more explanation on each of these topics, please go here.
- Weight: 6 lb
- Width: 9 in
- Depth: 8 in
- Height: 15 in
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING NOTICE: Any order shipping to a country outside the United States may be subject to customs, duties or import fees. These fees are the responsibility of the buyer and could exceed $50 or more.
Write A Review
Very high quality materials. Very sturdy. Well designed, easy to install. Everything fit together like it was supposed to. Also very effective. I ran an empty washer to test it, and it still caught a lot of material. I can only imagine how much of an affect this would have at the treatment plant if everyone had one. Love it!
This is a perfect product to get rid of my drainage problem. This can filter all the lints from the washing machine. I cannot find a new washing machine with a lint catcher in the market. This product ensures all the lints are caught. It is easy to install and works well.
I discoverd how much clothing fibers were exiting my washing machine – a lot. I have a septic tank now and this filter is perfect to keep the tank from filling too soon with the clothing fibers.
Wow, Works Great, Cost Effective
After reading my third article on microfibers, I had to take action and do my part. Investigated all options, and was not interested in a system that used expensive disposable plastic filters to save the ocean from plastic. Filtrol is reasonably priced, easy to install, and does not require expensive replacement parts. You will be very happy with this product.
Worth the expensive upfront cost
Hard to contemplate a buck fifty on a laundry filter but if you’re in the market, stop looking past this. Works great, filters great, and looks sharper than the pantyhose filter it replaced. As easy as cleaning the dryer lint trap also.
On that note, just use the filter it comes with, I bought 4 extra just in case a year ago and still haven’t open the box.
Had my plumber install but it works great
Filtrol 160 home
easy to install, works great. Don’t know how long the filters last but have done 6 loads so far and have not changed the filter. Highly recommend if you need to filter out lint and hair.