The Filtrol™ is a patented, re-usable inline filter that is compatible with all residential washing machines. The Filtrol attaches directly to your existing washing machine drain hose and removes non-biodegradable synthetic fibers and other debris before they are released into wastewater sources and the environment. Installation is easy and in most cases takes only 30 minutes or less. This product is made in the U.S.A and has a limited lifetime warranty.
The Filtrol unit comes complete with the following:
- Canister with O-ring
- Wall Bracket
- (1) Filter Bag (in unit)
- Part Bag including:
- (1) 3/4″ x 1″ elbow fitting, (1) 1″ x 1″ elbow fitting and (1) 3/4″ x 1″ straight fitting
- (2) Hose clamps
- Silicone grease
- 5 feet of hose
The main things you will want to take into consideration before ordering the Filtrol™ will be:
- Location – The Filtrol™ Lint Filter is approximately 15” tall, from the top fitting to the bottom, 9″ wide and projects about 8″ from the wall You will not want to install the Filtrol under a low hanging cabinet. This could interfere with the removal of the filter for cleaning. You will need to have 12- 24 inches to be able to remove the canister from the wall mounted bracket, and still have proper drainage. If possible, the top of the Filtrol should not exceed 70 inches. For best draining results, the Filtrol unit should be installed above drain location to prevent water from becoming “airlocked” within the discharge hose. Discharge hose can be routed to a standpipe, laundry tub or wall box.
- Discharge Hose– If existing discharge hose is brittle, split or the wrong size, it should be replaced with 1″ ID hose (supplied). Note: Measure the inside diameter of your washing machines discharge hose to confirm which provided fitting you will use. The Filtrol will include both a 1″ threaded x 1″ barbed elbow and a 1″ threaded x 3/4″ barbed elbow to meet the most common drain hose sizes. A Filtrol Connector Adapter Kit – 1″ Threaded x 1 1/4″ Barbed is also available should you need that size. On most machines the new hose will easily attach to the fitting that protrudes from the back. Be aware that some machines will discharge 2-3 cups of water when hose is removed.
- Attachment– When attaching bracket to the wall, screws should be driven into a stud . The Filtrol will become extremely heavy when it is full of water. If drilling into plaster or drywall and you can not locate a stud, expander bolts, or toggle bolts, should be used. Hint: First attach the bracket to a 3/4 inch thick piece of plywood, then attach the plywood to the wall.
- Cleaning– Frequency of cleaning the filter will depend on the types and amounts of materials being laundered. Use of a fabric softener or excessive amount of laundry detergent can cause a slimy residue and restrict the filtering process. In most cases the filter will need to be cleaned every 8-10+ wash loads. Clean filter often for best results. Replacement filters must be hand washed, DO NOT put into washing machine to clean.
- Caution – Always unplug washing machine before moving it or performing any type of service.
- Weight: 6 lb
- Width: 8 in
- Depth: 12 in
- Height: 8 in
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING NOTICE:: Any order shipping to a country outside the United States may be subject to customs, duties or import fees. These fees are the responsibility of the buyer and could exceed $50 or more.
Write A Review
Worth the expensive upfront cost
Hard to contemplate a buck fifty on a laundry filter but if you’re in the market, stop looking past this. Works great, filters great, and looks sharper than the pantyhose filter it replaced. As easy as cleaning the dryer lint trap also.
On that note, just use the filter it comes with, I bought 4 extra just in case a year ago and still haven’t open the box.
Had my plumber install but it works great
Filtrol 160 home
easy to install, works great. Don’t know how long the filters last but have done 6 loads so far and have not changed the filter. Highly recommend if you need to filter out lint and hair.