POLICIES & WARRANTIES
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What is included with the Filtrol – The Filtrol will include a filter bag, 5 feet of hose, 2 hose clamps, 3/4 inch threaded x 1 inch barbed straight fitting, 1 inch threaded x 1 inch barbed elbow fitting ,1 inch threaded x 3/4 inch barbed elbow fitting (1 1/4″ fittings are also available for purchase), mounting bracket for easy installation (homeowner is to supply the 2 screws that hold the bracket on the wall), and canister with O-Ring. Most homeowners can install the unit in 15-30 minutes.
- How do I remove the lid on the Filtrol– The lid pulls off, it is not threaded. Disconnect the clips from the lid and place the palm of your hand on top of the lid and your fingers over the edge of the lid, with pressure on your fingers pull up on the edge of the lid. Do not pull up on the lip around the canister; this is part of the canister not part of the lid. When lid has been removed, you can apply a silicone grease lubricant to the O-ring for ease of removing the lid in the future.
- Lid is stuck; cannot remove it, what can I do – Using a flathead screwdriver, find the indentation on either side of where the lid clips are located, and lightly lift to loosen the lid. Do Not force or use alot of pressure to prevent breaking the lid. Watch this YouTube video to see how to properly remove a stuck lid.
- Tell me about the filter bag – It is a re-usable 100 micron filter bag and should be cleaned out over a garbage container every 1-3 weeks (8-10+ loads of laundry) and will last 1-2 years. Replacement filter bags can be purchased at $12.95 each (there is a small discount when multiples are ordered) and can be ordered here . Most customers prefer to order an additional bag to save on shipping charges.
- How much does the Filtrol really catch? Recent studies conducted within The Rochman Lab at The University of Toronto found that the Filtrol has a catch rate of 89%! For more on this study, check it out here.
- Why are there holes along the top of the filter bag? Along the top of the rim of the filter bag you will find 4 oblong holes, these are a built in bypass system. If there comes a time where you have forgotten to clean your filter bag over a period of time and it has become clogged and is no longer able to filter, the bag will simply fill, overflow up and over into the holes and down into the canister, preventing back ups and flooding. Of course you do not want to allow this to happen often as it defeats the purpose of the Filtrol but if cleaning your filter bag has slipped your mind, we have you covered.
- Filter Bag Maintenance & Tips- To prolong the life of your filter bag you will want to make sure you perform proper maintenance regularly. When your filter bag appears full or dirty you will want to remove it from the canister and discard all fibers and debris into the garbage. Every so often you can give your filter bag a deep clean by taking it to a bucket of warm water with Dawn dish soap and scrub lightly with a soft bristle brush, discard dirty water into lawn. We suggest no use of fabric softeners or excessive amount of laundry detergent, they can cause a slimy oily residue and restrict the filtering process and require more frequent cleanings.
- How big is the Filtrol –The Filtrol is approximately 15” tall, from the top fitting to the bottom, 9″ wide and projects about 8″ from the wall – these measurements do not include the discharge hose from the washing machine or the discharge hose from the Filtrol itself.
- How do I determine what size fitting I need to install the Filtrol – To find out what size fitting you will need to properly install the Filtrol™, measure the inside diameter of your existing washing machines drain hose, match that to the size of fitting. A 1 inch and 3/4 inch elbow fitting will be provided as these are the most common sizes for the discharge hose of residential washing machines. We also offer 1 1/4 inch fittings at an additional fee and can be found here .
- The Filtrol meets the requirements for UPC/IPC 1003.6 -Clothes Washer Discharge Interceptor – Clothes washers shall discharge through an interceptor that is provided with a wire basket or similar device, removable for cleaning, that prevents passage into the drainage system of solids 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) or larger in size, string, rags, buttons or other materials detrimental to the public sewage system. The Filtrol is able to filter particles down to 1/256 inches or 100 microns.
- How many gallons per minute can the Filtrol withstand? The Filtrol can withstand up to 25 GPM, which is well above the average flow rate of most residential washing machines.
- I have a broken part, is it covered under warranty? Our warranty states the following: Filtrol units purchased only from Wexco|Filtrol are warranted for life to be free from material defects and workmanship. Proof of order will be required. If the Filtrol should fail, return it for a full refund or exchange. The refund or exchange, at your choice, is the sole obligation of Wexco|Filtrol under this life warranty, and Wexco|Filtrol will not be held liable for any labor costs or shipping charges. This lifetime warranty does not cover failure due to: improper or faulty installation, abuse, neglect, damage incurred in shipping, modification of the product, causes other than ordinary use, or causes beyond Wexco|Filtrol’s control.
- Get Educated! Check out this Laundry Tips & Guides site.
- Couldn’t find the answer to your question? Please contact us at 1-888-983-2447 or firstname.lastname@example.org